Protochips is growing our research and development team and we are currently looking for a Project Engineer to help with new product development.
We develop, manufacture, and sell systems for in-situ electron microscopy. Our products enable quantitative measurement of samples under never-before-seen conditions in the electron microscope and provide new perspectives on a wide range of research applications including catalysis, batteries, semiconductors and structural biology. We are an established growth-stage company based in North Carolina’s Research Triangle Park with in-situ EM system across the world.
As a project engineer, you will work with a small team to help develop new systems and sustain product improvements. Our team is responsible for designing fully integrated systems involving complex hardware, software, and semiconductor technologies that push the limits of what is possible in the research lab. Protochips is a fast-paced, creative atmosphere where design engineers are encouraged to balance structured new product releases, strategic advanced development and skunkworks activities.
This is a full-time position in the Protochips office in Morrisville, NC
At a minimum, you’ll do:
- Mechanical Design:
- Work with SolidWorks CAD to design miniature, complex and unique assemblies for high-tech research.
- Develop concepts, prepare designs, detail drawings, estimate costs, and coordinate procurement of prototypes.
- Put together design documentation to support manufacturing prototypes and production parts and assemblies.
- Lead design reviews with peers, field experts, and leaders within the company.
- Project Management:
- Manage the engineering schedule behind structured new product releases involving other departments within the company.
- Push forward strategic advanced development projects.
- Assist in the transition of developed products to manufacturing
- System Integration:
- Integrate mechanical design with software, electronics, and semiconductor technologies.
- Creative Rapid Prototyping:
- Innovate and push conventional design limitations.
- Detail-oriented and able to handle/organize/document multiple projects at once.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills – a knack for figuring out new ways to do things.
- A communicator who can clearly explain ideas, concepts and strategies to either internal/external team members or to field experts.
- Fast learner who can adapt quickly and become an expert with little exposure.
- A team player who can give and take praise and criticism.
Experience & Education:
- BS or MS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial or Biomedical Engineering
- 2 to 4 years of engineering or product development experience. High-tech product design experience is preferred but not required.
- Foundational knowledge in Solidworks CAD Design
- Experience with project management and ability to develop/use tools to manage projects
- Previous exposure to micro-part design, rapid prototyping, robotics design and/or high vacuum hardware design preferred.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Generous holiday and PTO plan
- Personal Development Support
- Small team where all ideas and actions help shape the direction of the company
Name: Stamp Walden
Address: 3800 Gateway Centre Blvd., STE 306, Morrisville, NC 27560